CJK Visuals: 2015 Recap

Posted:

12.30.2015

Filed in:

business

This is about that time of year when you’ll find a ton of amazing recaps and “best of’s” from their 2015 weddings, engagements, editorials, and more on many photographers’ blogs! I figured I still have about half my weddings and engagements to publish on here, so those will come up on my blog later this year during the off season. So instead, I’m put together a little “best of” video from those times I’m NOT shooting an amazing wedding!

This year has been crazy, per usual, having shot more weddings in a year than I ever have before, travelled on more flights in a single year than every before, so I thought it might be fun to do a little numbers breakdown, inspired by fellow photographer, Katie Nesbitt’s cool “by the numbers” portion on her site! I’ve also thrown together a video of some clips I shot during a few of my longer trips in 2015!

Anywhoooo, take a look at the breakdown below and let me know if you’ll be heading anywhere I’ll be in 2016!! I’d LOVE to meet up and grab drinks, food, or shoot!
CJKbythenumbers2015

Heading here next year? Contact me!

Sydney, Australia…December 28- January 7
New Zealand… January 8- January 22
Melbourne + Brisbane/Byron Bay… January 22-February TBD
Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, South Korea, Japan… February/March TBD
Southern California + PNW… March 22- Early April TBD
Sun Valley, Idaho… June 9-12
Iceland/UK… June 27-July 19
Central America (Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica)… July 25-August 6
Paris, France… August 7-11

Ps- Be sure to watch in HD! :)

Hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year! I’ll be celebrating at the Sydney Harbor- following along @cjkvisuals!

1. Christa Rae

December 30th, 2015 at 12:52 am

WOW! What a year, Caitlin! So happy for you!

2. Nastja

December 30th, 2015 at 1:04 am

Wow you truly are a citizen of the world! :) Have a great New Years celebration in Sydney!

3. Brooke Tyson

December 30th, 2015 at 1:06 am

This is so awesome, Caitlin!! (I especially love seeing how many flights you took this past year – that is incredible!!). I loved seeing your video of your travels this past year too – that was GREAT!! 2016 looks like an incredible year too – I can’t wait to see the beautiful pictures you will create :)

4. Candace

December 30th, 2015 at 9:18 am

You seriously had the best year ever. I love getting to see your travels through out the year! Hoping to make it to Iceland in July for the GPE outting!
    You will LOVE Guatemala! I am Guatemalan and my family lives in Mixco, right outside of Guatemala City. Its incredible! Antigua and Tikal and I highly recommend hitting Lake Atitlán! Have so much fun!

5. Emily

December 30th, 2015 at 9:55 am

That video is pretty freakin awesome, not gonna lie. So neat to have that as a recap of the year and a way to preserve all those memories!

6. ashton

December 30th, 2015 at 10:21 am

All I can really think to say is, “TAKE ME WITH YOU!”

But seriously, I enjoy watching your journeys so much and it has inspired me to take my own crusade next year. I’m still in the planning phases, but would love to pick your brain for tips and locations!

Your video yesterday was EPIC!

7. Alex

December 30th, 2015 at 11:11 am

Love, love, love. This video is amazing. Congrats on a wonderful year!

8. Brea

December 30th, 2015 at 11:26 am

I love your life! This is so incredible!! We actually have a decent amount of overlap in our trips for next year (considering I’m only going three places!) but of course none of them are at the same time, boo!

9. Sarah Wockenfuss

December 30th, 2015 at 11:48 am

Holy Cow!! You accomplished a lot this year! That is great, I hope to accomplish all of this one day! Great job, I am sure you put in a lot of hard work this year.

10. Renee

December 30th, 2015 at 1:03 pm

KILLIN IT GIRL!

11. Carly Fuller

December 30th, 2015 at 3:52 pm

This girl is on fireeeee!!! Oooo, You are ringing music in my ears with all this excitement! Love that video and all your passion and fire right now! Get it girl!!

12. Urška Majer

December 31st, 2015 at 4:38 am

Wow! You’ve traveled a lot! Wishing you a great start of the year in Sydney!

comments